Homesteading is a new way of life for so many people (and an old way of life for many folks as well). If you are currently engaged in homesteading, how do you share your lifestyle with others?
Lately I've been thinking about all the ways to pass it forward. For many it is as simple as sharing something grown on your land with a friend or relative, while for others is may be creating a community garden, or writing and sharing on the internet. Whatever your reasons for homesteading, one of the most important things you can do is pass on the passion and desire on to others. Today I challenge you to think how you are passing it forward?
Here are some of my thoughts on how you can share the love of homesteading:
- Share food or other produce from your homestead with others
- Invite people to see your space, give a tour, or just have folks for dinner
- Talk about your experiences with others, even if it is just the mailman at the post office when you pick up your chicks
- Start a community garden
- Teach a class on an aspect of homesteading
- Start a blog or Facebook page about your farm or homestead
- Teach a kid how to garden or care for animals
- Volunteer at an event that will allow you to share your experiences
- Sell things at a roadside stand